Log 9 Materials is using its core competence in Graphene nanotechnology to develop advanced energy storage technologies from electrode materials, cell to pack level. Our Rapid Charging Battery packs (Read more) solve the challenges in adoption for the 2W and 3W electric vehicle platforms while our Aluminum Fuel Cell technology (Read more) is targeted towards the electrification of long haul, heavier vehicles.
Electrification of vehicles specially for commercial use ranging from 2W, 3W to LCVs to HCVs will not only have a significant positive impact on the environment, but it will lead to huge cost savings as well. However, different vehicle platforms have unique requirements and hence there cannot be a one-type fit all battery technology.
In this endeavor, we are building a team of Engineers and Technocrats to make India energy Independent.
Log 9 team stands for Innovation, Intellect, Integrity, Initiative and Individual Growth. Hence, we are looking for people who identify with the same set of values.
Unique chance to work at the cutting edge of technology in India, building solutions to solve global energy storage challenges.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Plan and execute DOE (Design of Experiments) independently to investigate promising Anode material candidates (Metal-air batteries) and provide technical comparisons and critical assessment of their potentials.
● Come up with advanced Anode formulations as technical solutions to ensure certain cell chemistry achieves cell performance targets.
● Develop Anode formulation for high voltage and low corrosion energy conversion devices.
● Inject innovative thinking and introduce new additives, salts, and/or formulations for performance optimization in a cost-effective approach.
● Support lab-scale synthesis, characterization, electrochemistry and cell testing.
● Document results, prepare reports and communicate results across the organization.
● Builds cells and analyzes data to quantitatively measure and compare cell performance. Apply diagnostics to investigate cell reactions, conduct failure mode analysis to identify root causes and generate novel solutions.
● Analyze data and apply conclusions to iteratively develop the experimental design.
● Work independently and efficiently to meet deliverables within timeline and budgetary constraints.
● Contributes to the development of the intellectual property. Adheres to all intellectual property standards throughout the area of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
● PhD in Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Nanotechnology or Materials Science and Material Engineering, or related field.
● Min. 4 years of relevant experience. Experience as a post-doc will also be considered.
● Only those candidates who have prior experience in working with Metallurgy and electrochemistry will be considered for the position.
● Strong background in Metallurgy, Metal moulding, and Electrochemistry.
● Excellent communication, prioritization, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and organizational skill sets
● Experience in Metal-air battery systems, Understanding of metal alloys fabrications, Basic understanding of the material chemistry.
● Hands-on experience with high-temperature furnaces and Kilns, and high pressure/vacuum moulding.
● Should be able to generate ideas independently with minimum assistance.
● Should be able to set up lab and infrastructure, and interact with the vendors
● Able to prioritize and manage time effectively (self-motivated and self-managing)